Grooming a Miniature Schnauzer puppy the right way is really important because your puppy needs to feel comfortable. If your puppy’s hair has been cut the wrong way, or damaged through grooming, he will feel miserable. No doubt you won’t be happy either.
In my opinion, the Miniature Schnauzer is a handsome or attractive breed of dog. The square shaped build. long beard, mustache and bushy eyebrows make them outstanding in appearance.
A well groomed Miniature Schnauzer is a delight to behold. But, a Miniature Schnauzer that has not been well groomed and has a scruffy appearance is a sorrowful sight.
Unfortunately there are many cases of neglect when it comes to the correct care of cleaning and grooming Miniature Schnauzer puppies, or older Miniature Schnauzer dogs, and the behavior of these puppies or older dogs is directly affected by this neglect.
So if you love to see your Miniature Schnauzer looking smart and contented then it is essential that you learn, at the very least, the basics of grooming your beloved pet.
Brushing a Miniature Schnauzer the Correct way
When you take the time to brush your Miniature Schnauzer properly his or her coat will look healthy and shiny. Plus, brushing improves your puppy’s blood circulation as well as helping with the bonding between you and your puppy.
Of course the brushing must be done the correct way to get the results explained above and the six steps listed below are what you will need to do to have your Miniature Schnauzer puppy looking smart as well as him feeling happy with his freshly groomed coat.
Before you start you will need the correct tools for grooming a Miniature Schnauzer
- Slicker Brush
- Medium or Wide-Toothed Comb
- Flea Comb
- Electric Clippers – for paws (see below)
- Detangle Solution (if coat is heavily matted or tangled)
- Dog Bath
Six Steps for brushing your Miniature Schnauzer puppy
- Start by using a slicker brush and brush the opposite way to how puppy’s hair grows. Brushing this way you will be able to get all the loose hair out of the coat.
- After completing the brushing against the way your Miniature Schnauzer’s hair is growing, then use a medium or wide-toothed comb. Using this comb will untangle any knots that have formed in puppy’s coat.
- When you have finished combing your puppy then brush again, this time along the hair growth and be sure to get through the hair to puppy’s skin so to ensure that all hair has been brushed.
- Now it is time to take the Flea Comb and by starting from the root of the hair, comb through all the hair parting it as you comb. This will remove any fleas your puppy may have and get rid of any tangle and knots that you didn’t get earlier.
- You might need to use electric clippers on your puppy’s paw pads if they are growing hair. But, be careful to only remove excess hair and do not clip any hair that is growing between his paw pad.
- To help with getting rid of matting or tangles in your Miniature Schnauzer coat you may find that using Detangle Solution will assist and make the job of grooming easier.
Keeping Your Miniature Schnauzer Looking Great and Feeling Happy
Do this method of brushing regularly so that your puppy or older dog does not have to live with matted hair. Make sure that you don’t let your puppy’s or dog’s coat get into a really bad dirty, tangled or matted state as if this happens, you will have a big job on your hands trying to restore your Miniature Schnauzer’s coat to a reasonable state. This will cause your puppy or dog some unnecessary pain and grooming will then become a problem. When you have completed all the brushing of your Miniature Schnauzer it is a good time to give him a bath using some dog shampoo. This will help him to feel really happy.
Give your Miniature Schnauzer puppy or older dog the very best grooming you can. By doing that, you will have a happy pet that continues to be a pleasure to own.
How to Groom a Miniature Schnauzer’s Head
I have included the following video for you to see a Miniature Schnauzer puppy having his head groomed. Please note the Groomer explains this styling is being done how the owner of this Miniature Schnauzer likes it. This style of grooming a Miniature Schnauzer is NOT for a dog being entered in a Show or Competition.
Now that your beloved Miniature Schnauzer is so beautifully groomed a fresh new collar to add to your puppy’s delightful new appearance may appeal to you.
Thank you for visiting this page.
If you care to leave your comments below I would be delighted to read them and to respond.