Cleaning your dog’s teeth daily would be a challenge with certainly some special skills needed. If only our pets could enjoy the action of a toothbrush, how easily a routine could be established. I doubt that is likely to happen.
So, how do you, as the owner of a much-loved dog, manage to keep your dog’s teeth clean?
I admit that this is a task I’ve never found to be simple. Keeping teeth clean is hard enough with little children, but at least I could kindly coax them into brushing their teeth. In time, they enjoyed the effort. Unfortunately, this was not the case with a dog. I never found coaxing a dog to clean his teeth an easy task.
Recognizing Health Issues of Long Term Unclean Teeth
The reality is that a dog’s health can be detrimentally affected by teeth that are decaying. Because of the difficulty of accessing a dog’s teeth, we put-off that responsibility for another day. That day may not come. The result is that eventually, we discover our dog in pain with the desperate need for professional dentistry.
It is tough as the owner to see a pet suffering from pain and unable to consume a healthy meal.
Regular Vet Appointments – Are They The Only Answer for Your Dog?
Regular visits to your veterinary clinic solely to have your dog’s teeth cleaned are ideal. Appointments such as those should be adequate for maintaining your dog’s dental health for many years.
However, the cost of regular Veterinary services can be expensive and put a strain on the best of budgets. Therefore, alternative methods to help with your dog’s dental health could be worthwhile.
Dog Dental Health Diets
Feeding your dog a diet specially planned for dental health is worth consideration. Information is available here.
Included below are some dog chew toys which could be of help. It’s a certainty that dogs prefer the experience of an enjoyable chew, rather than a visit to the Vet.
I’ve Carefully chosen Three Dog-Chew Toys
These toys will not replace professional dental care for a dog, but they may extend the length of time between visits to the Veterinary clinic.
Within the information for each item, there are details of how that toy can benefit the dental health of a dog. Please read those details carefully.
- ☆ Valued and Best Pack of 2 dog toy balls: Green and Cyan with light mint scent. Help Clean Teeth and Prevent Plaque and Tartar...
- ☆ These tough durable dog balls are made of Non-Toxic rubber material : more durable, healthy and puncture resistant compared...
- ☆ Special design for dog puzzle toy balls : which can be stuffed with pet snack. Your pets will accept this toy easily and get...
- This product is designed according to the features of dog's teeth, the novel designed molar protrusions are zigzag and arranged...
- This product is made of healthy and bite resistant TPR material and tearing resistant cotton rope, which will not be deformed even...
- When dog is playing the toy, dog toothpaste or attractant can be applied in the teeth cleaning aisle, to attract dog's interest...
It would be great if one of these chewing toys is of benefit until you can manage regular brushing of your dog’s teeth.
Toothbrush for Small to Large Dogs
Before signing off this post, I decided to include an item that includes handheld toothbrushes and also finger toothbrushes.
If your dog shows any sign of enjoying the procedure of having his teeth cleaned, these brushes may be of help.
- Dog Toothbrush Finger Toothbrush Pet Toothbrush Dog and Cat Toothbrush Eight brushes and Three different sets of toothbrush.These...
- Our dog toothbrush allows you to remove eliminate plaque buildup.Reduce plaque and tartar buildup.
- Dental hygiene is vital to a pet. Great to use to brush any dog, puppy, cat or kitten's teeth.Finger toothbrush is perfect for...
I sincerely hope that your dog’s dental health is strong and continues to remain that way.