Grooming a Miniature Schnauzer puppy the right way is really important because your puppy needs to feel comfortable. If your puppy’s hair has been cut the wrong way or damaged through grooming, he will feel miserable. No doubt you won’t be happy either.
In my opinion, the Miniature Schnauzer is an attractive dog breed. The square-shaped build. long beard, moustache and bushy eyebrows make them outstanding in appearance.
A well-groomed Miniature Schnauzer is a delight to behold. But, a Miniature Schnauzer that has not been well groomed and has a scruffy appearance is a sorrowful sight.
Unfortunately, there are many cases of neglect regarding the correct care of cleaning and grooming Miniature Schnauzer puppies or older dogs, and the behaviour of these puppies or older dogs is directly affected by this neglect.
So if you love to see your Miniature Schnauzer looking smart and content, then it is essential that you learn, at the very least, the basics of grooming your beloved pet.
Brushing a Miniature Schnauzer the Correct Way
When you take the time to brush your Miniature Schnauzer correctly, his coat will look healthy and shiny. Plus, brushing improves your puppy’s blood circulation and helps with the bonding between you and your puppy.
Of course, the brushing must be done correctly to get the results explained above. And the six steps listed below are what you will need to do to have your Miniature Schnauzer puppy looking smart as well as feeling happy with his freshly groomed coat.
Before you Start Be Sure to Have the Correct Tools for Grooming a Miniature Schnauzer
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Six Steps for Brushing your Miniature Schnauzer Puppy
- Start by using a slicker brush and brush the opposite way to how the puppy’s hair grows. Brushing this way, you can get all the loose hair out of the coat.
- After completing the brushing against the way your Miniature Schnauzer’s hair is growing, use a medium or wide-toothed comb. Using this comb will untangle any knots that have formed in the puppy’s coat.
- When you have finished combing your puppy, then brush again. This time, brush along the hair growth and get through the hair to the puppy’s skin. This should ensure that all hair has been brushed.
- Now it is time to take the Flea Comb. From the root of the hair, comb through all the hair parting it as you comb. This will remove any fleas your puppy may have and get rid of any tangles and knots that you didn’t get earlier.
- You might need to use electric clippers on your puppy’s paw pads if they are growing hair. But, be careful only to remove excess hair and do not clip any hair that is growing between his paw pad.
- To help with getting rid of matting or tangles in your Miniature Schnauzer’s coat, you may find that using Detangle Solution will assist and make the job of grooming easier
Keeping Your Miniature Schnauzer Looking Great and Feeling Happy
Do this method of brushing regularly, so your puppy or older dog does not have to live with matted hair.
Make sure you don’t let your puppy’s or dog’s coat get into a dirty, tangled or matted state. If this happens, you will have a big job trying to restore your Miniature Schnauzer’s coat to a reasonable condition. This will cause your puppy or adult dog some unnecessary pain, and grooming will then become a problem.
When you have completed all the brushing of your Miniature Schnauzer, it is an excellent time to give him a bath using some dog shampoo. This will help him to feel happy.
Give your Miniature Schnauzer puppy or older dog the best grooming you can. By doing that, you will have a happy pet that continues to be a pleasure to own.
How to Groom a Miniature Schnauzer’s Head
I have included the following video of a Miniature Schnauzer puppy having his head groomed.
Please note the Groomer explains this styling is being done in the way the owner of this Miniature Schnauzer likes it. This style of grooming a Miniature Schnauzer is NOT for a dog being entered in a Show or Competition.
Now that your beloved Miniature Schnauzer is so beautifully groomed, a fresh new collar to add to your puppy’s delightful appearance may appeal to you.
Thank you for visiting this page.
Please leave your comments below.