Seeking the best dog chew toys for puppies can be time-consuming for dog parents.
It is no secret that some dogs spend a great amount of time chewing. Often this behaviour is due to a dog’s boredom.
Puppies can be persistent chewers and not fussy about what they chew. So any item a puppy can get his mouth around is good enough for him!
A Puppy That Loved to Chew a Particular Item
I recall while on a visit overseas to see family who had moved to another country fifteen months earlier. After they had settled, they decided a puppy would be great company. It didn’t take long before they were the owners of a young puppy that provided heaps of pleasure and good company.
This pup was a beautiful Golden Labrador and as a young puppy, he loved to chew. Despite all the care and attention given to him, he would chew the cord of their electric blanket. Of course, it happened when the cord was unplugged. Thank goodness for that! Otherwise, it could have been a tragedy.
Miniature Schnauzer Pups Also Love to Chew
In the mind of a puppy, of most breeds, there are no rules when it comes to chewing!
When they see an item enticing them to chew, the puppy will oblige.
It is part of the nature of a young puppy to chew any item in his reach—things such as cushions, the edge of a floor mat, or better still, if the rug has tassels on the edge of it!
Even the leg of a chair or table! Puppies are not fussy about what they put in their mouth. As long as it’s chewable, the puppy will at least give it a try to see if it’s going to be their chewing companion. Not ideal, admittedly.
Harm Caused Through Puppy Chewing
Chewing comes naturally to a puppy. So anything and everything that takes puppy’s eye, he will give a try.
A puppy chewing household items can be harmful. Anything not designed for chewing by a puppy could cause a health issue. For example, an object such as a small screwdriver could damage the mouth of a puppy. Even newspaper, if puppy got rough with it, could get stuck in puppy’s mouth. It may not cause damage, but it may cause the puppy a heap of unpleasantness.
How to Deal With Puppy’s Chewing Habits
One method of coping with a puppy’s chewing is to provide toys specially designed for a dog’s chewing activity. Purchasing from nearby shops may not be easy these days, but shopping online is simple.
Rather than have your puppy chew household items, your new pair of shoes or your new sun-hat, providing suitable chew toys is an option.
Amazon continues to be a favourite Store where thousands of items are available to purchase. So, today I have chosen a few items that you may be interested in to help deal with your puppy’s desire to chew whatever catches his eye!
After careful selection, I consider these four items to be some of the best dog chew toys for puppies.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- UNIQUE MODELING- The shape of the cactus makes the dog more excited, it is suitable for small dog, medium and large breed. There...
- SAFER RUBBER MATERIAL- Made of absolutely safe natural rubber. Its flexibility and bite resistance have been greatly improved....
- TEETHING PROTECT- As the puppy grows, itching of the teeth can force them to bite to relieve discomfort. The more active large...
- ❤ 7 Pack Dog Toys Set: Including lovely deer squeaky plush toys, various TPR puppy chew toys and a rope toy. These durable puppy...
- ❤ Safe and High Quality: Puppy teething chew toys are made from non-toxic TPR and squeaky toys are made of premium plush. Toozey...
- ❤ Great for Dental Health: Dog chew toys help with the urge to chew while helping soothe your pup's gums and promote clean...
- 【VALUABLE & COMPLETE SET】 The Xmas package has 7 valuable products, including 1 dinosaur 1 Santa 1 Elk plush squeaky toys and...
- 【HIGH QUALITY & SAFE MATERIAL】The toys are durable dog toys for puppies to medium-sized dogs. All the toys were made with 100%...
- 【ENDLESS JOY & STAY HEALTHY】These toys for pets can bring fun for your dog and solve the problem of anxiety and promote proper...
As the owner of this website, I may share links to services and products I think would benefit you.
If you use links on this page to make a purchase I will earn a small commission,
but this will not affect the cost of your purchase. Full Disclosure
How to Stop a Dog Chewing Incessantly
Training a dog to stop chewing is possible, but it does take skill and patience on behalf of the dog’s owner.
Stopping a dog from chewing when he is left alone can be a challenge.
Dogs suffering from anxiety are known to chew anything at all.
Anxiety can result from a dog being left on his own during the day while family members are away at work. Or maybe the dog is home alone while the family are out for the evening.
A dog’s chewing may be a mischievous act, rather than natural behaviour. Whatever the cause, a dog’s chewing should be dealt with for his safety.
For help to stop your puppy or older dog from chewing I recommend visiting the website of Adrienne Farricelli. Adrienne is a professional CPDT-KA certified dog trainer highly experienced in training dogs of all ages and breeds.
I hope you have enjoyed your time visiting this post.
Your comments are welcome. Please leave them in the space provided below.