Taking time to choose the best water fountain for your dog is time well spent.
It is extremely important that all pets are able to locate a reliable source of water at all times, and particularly when they are at home alone. I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you that. But, with the pace of life as hectic as it can be, important matters such as putting fresh water down for a family pet could be overlooked.
Making sure pets have an adequate supply of clean water is essential to keeping them well and happy. Water fountains are definitely one way to do that, particularly for dogs that enjoy running water!
A happy dog makes for a happy family as there is nothing more worrying than a pet showing signs of feeling unwell.
Unfortunately, it’s not as though dogs, cats, or any pet can tell us where their pain or discomfort is.
Making every effort to keep our pets well is where we need to focus.
A keen awareness of the food and water we provide contributes immensely to the health of your dog, cat or both if that is your pleasure.
Starting the Day Afresh With a Drink of Water
I recall our much-loved schnauzer Zico enjoying his early morning drink of water, not from a bowl as one would expect, but from the garden tap. Treating Zico with a water fountain may have been just what he needed. Unfortunately, I’m not sure that water fountains were available for dogs to drink from during Zico’s lifetime.
Now, I’m not recommending the garden tap for your dog’s early morning drink of water, but that was Zico’s way of life during the summer months.
What I am recommending is a water filter. Providing a water filter rather than just a bowl filled with water means that clean drinking water is there for your pet whenever needed.
The six items included below are those I have chosen with the intention of helping you to find the best water fountain for your dog to drink from. Of course, there are many more dog water filters to be found on the Amazon website. It depends entirely on your requirements and the needs of your pet.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Water Fountain
- LARGE WATER CAPACITY: 168 ounce water capacity is great for pets of all sizes or multiple pets
- ENCOURAGES DRINKING: Flowing stream entices pets to drink more water
- FILTERED WATER: Includes replaceable carbon water filter that keeps water fresh
On reviewing this drinking fountain what stands out is the importance of thorough cleaning, The necessity of cleaning objects should not be overlooked at all, and when the health of our dogs, or cats, are involved cleaning needs to be a routine, if not daily, certainly weekly.
The need for maintenance other than cleaning appears not to be an issue. Some who purchase this item are very happy with its performance to the level of saying their pets love it! These people accept the need for regular cleaning.
On the other hand, some owners of this item would never purchase it again.
With responses such as those from owners of this product, clearly, it is necessary to give serious thought to whether this item is one you would be happy to own.
DrinkSafe Multi-tier Fountain
- 100-OZ CAPACITY: Perfect size for cats, dogs and multiple pet households
- GREAT FOR SENIOR PETS: The multi-tiered design of the fountain is great for senior or arthritic pets who can’t bend down to...
- ENCOURAGES HYDRATION: Flowing water entices pets to drink more and helps promote good pet hygiene through increased hydration
This drinking fountain has good recommendations for dogs to drink from as well as cats. For families who have both dogs and cats, there would be no concerns with owning this multi-level fountain.
It is said that the filter catches all the dirt, the result being that pets are drinking clean water. Of course, regular cleaning is essential but some find that cleaning once per week is adequate.
This product is highly recommended by some dog owners, and cat owners also.
Dog Mate Large Fresh Water Drinking Fountain
- 200 Fl. Oz. capacity / Multi-height drinking stations
- I.P.S. (Isolated Pump System) for super-quiet operation
- Suitable for dogs of all sizes. Also suitable for cats
This DogMate water drinking fountain could be just what you need for your dog. It appears that many drinking fountains for pets are quite noisy, but this fountain is reported to be quiet.
This fountain appears to be larger than many others, but it is also recommended for cats to drink from. Therefore, small to medium-sized dogs should be comfortable drinking water from this DogMate fountain. It is said that the water in this fountain runs smoothly, thereby not splashing onto the face of pets.
PetSafe Drinkwell Pagoda Ceramic Water Fountain
- Water Capacity: 70 Oz. Water Capacity Is Great For Cats And Small To Medium Sized Dogs
- Encourages Drinking: Dual Free Falling Streams Add Oxygen For Freshness And Encourage Pets To Drink More Water
- Filtered Water: Includes Replaceable Carbon Water Filter That Removes Bad Tastes And Odors, Keeping Water Fresh
The water capacity of this PetSafe Dinkwell Pagoda Water Fountain is 70 oz which is less than the previous two fountains on this page but expected to be adequate for small to medium-sized dogs.
The fountain is hygienically constructed and reported as easy to clean.
With multi-level dishes, it is has a recommendation of being suitable for dogs of senior age as well as dogs suffering from arthritis. This filter is more costly than some others but could be well worth the cost depending on your requirements.
PetSafe Drinkwell Outdoor Dog Water Fountain
- LARGE WATER CAPACITY: 450 oz. water capacity is great for pets of all sizes and multiple pets
- ENCOURAGES DRINKING: Falling stream entices pets to drink more water
- FILTERED WATER: Includes replaceable carbon water filter that cleans your pet's water, keeping it fresh
This PetSafe Drinking Fountain is much larger than the previous three fountains and appears to be the answer for providing sufficient drinking water for more than one pet in a family.
The water capacity of 450 oz is ideal for ensuring water is available throughout an entire day.
An owner of this fountain reports that it is noisy. My belief is if the fountain is used only outdoors, the noise is not likely to be a problem unless the noise from the fountain upsets or irritates dogs relying on the fountain for their drinking water.
In spite of the noise, this drinking fountain is popular and well-rated by many who have purchased this item.
Some people say they love it! And a considerable number of positive reviews on this Drinking Fountain have been published online.
PetSafe Seaside Stainless Pet Fountain
- 60-OZ WATER CAPACITY: This pet fountain holds the perfect amount of water for cats and small dogs
- ENCOURAGES HYDRATION: Bubbling water flow entices pets to drink more and helps promote good hygiene in pets through increased...
- DID YOU KNOW: Your pet needs 1 oz of water per 1 lb they weigh every day, so a 12 lb cat should drink 12 oz of water each day
This Drinking Fountain is suitable for small dogs and for cats. The water capacity at 60 oz is less than some other fountains but clearly this fountain is made specifically for small pets which includes small dogs, as previously stated.
It is reported by a verified purchaser that this PetSafe Seaside Stainless Pet Fountain is easy to clean which is a big plus in maintaining the health of pets. There is mention of the filters but they appear not to be an issue as with some other fountains available for sale.
I believe this drinking fountain is popular with some owners.
If the fountain does appeal to you please purchase only if your dog is in the range of small dogs. Even Miniature Schanzuers can vary in size.
A Well Hydrated Dog is a Happy Dog
I trust you find this information to be helpful if you are in the process of deciding on the best drinking fountain for your small to medium-sized dog.
Keeping pets well hydrated is crucially important to their well-being at all times, but more so during the hot summer seasons.
The thought of a pet struggling to survive due to the lack of water is unbearable and a situation that no dog, cat or any other pet should ever experience.
A fountain full of good clear water to arrive home to after a daily walk out in the summer sun is ideal for all dogs. Your dog will thank you in the best possible for that cool drink of water just waiting for him to enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Moving On From Drinking Fountains
Now this is far removed from Drinking Fountains and providing quality water for your dog, but I discovered this toy while browsing the Amazon site, so thought to share it with you.
- Interactive, hide and seek puzzles to stimulate minds, eliminate boredom & enhance problem-solving
- Plush toys not only squeak, they also crackle and crinkle to keep puppies busy, active & entertained
- Unique brand parody makes it a fun gag gift for dog lovers & provides endless photo and video ops
This Hide and Seek Toy is sure to amuse your pup and give him some pleasurable exercise playing with it. No doubt, you and/or family members will enjoy the fun your dog’s experiences while playing.
Being a hide and seek toy it should keep young and energetic dogs amused while you take some time out relaxing.
Due to the fact that several very positive verified reviews are published about this item, you may care to read some of them. A link to the reviews is placed below.
Thank you for visiting this post.
Comments are welcome in the area below.